Friday 10 February 2017

Trouble on the Genius Hour Front

Time for a weekly update on my Genius Hour! This week, while experimenting with my paper airplane designs that I have selected, I ran into a bit of a problem. Well, it's more like an it of a problem. The problem that I ran into this week while working on my Genius Hour was the household cat, Oliver, and the dog, Milo.

As I was testing my airplanes, I was throwing them down the hallway because that is the only suitable space in my apartment, however there was a bigger issue. Both Oliver and Milo seemed to think that my Genius Hour was on toys for the animals. Oliver was swatting the planes out of the air and Milo was chewing on them when they hit the ground. This resulted in the destruction of several of my planes, and needing to start over on my testing.

In order to resolve this problem, both of the animals had to be relocated to separate rooms for the duration of my testing. The paper airplanes had to be rebuilt because I believe the testing can only be considered accurate and reliable if the same test is administered to the same plane built by the same person. This week will constitute of rebuilding and retesting those fallen planes.

At least the two of them are cute!


1 comment:

  1. Great work on your blog, Braden! I loved your consistent posts about your genius hour project: testing paper airplanes. This one about your pets is probably my favourite, as it displays your journey in practical sense while also adding a funny story!Your blog has a lot of details, pictures that add to the aesthetics, and is totally complete! Way to go :) Keep blogging, you have a knack for it!

    ReplyDelete