Friday 10 March 2017

Observation Coincidences

This past Wednesday, I walked into my Grade 6 classroom for observation to be greeted by a pleasant surprise. My Grade 6s were finishing up a unit on flight and a Mad Science presenter was coming in to do activities with the students. I was learning forward to sharing my new paper airplane knowledge with the students.

As the day progressed, the class reviewed principles of drag, aerodynamics and how a plane creates lift by utilizing areas of low and high pressure. Check out the link below to learn more about this! But finally, the time came for the paper airplane competition. The Mad Scientist challenged the students to create a plane that would stay aloft for the longest period of time. The students begged me to participate, so I folded up a winning, flying piece of paper. Fortunately, I have been working on this winning design for the past 9 weeks.


With all of the practice and experimentation on paper airplanes I've had throughout my Genius Hour, I was able to blow the students away with the time my paper soared through the air. This experience just made my Genius Hour even more satisfying and looking forward to every Grade 6 Flight unit from this point on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment