Friday 27 January 2017

Genius Hour Goals and Motivation

My goals for my Genius Hour include:

 -Make a paper airplane that can stay aloft for 20 seconds
 -Make a paper airplane that can travel a distance of 30 metres
-Make a paper airplane that can complete 3 aerial tricks before landing

 While these may sound like arbitrary goals, they relate back to a childhood interest in designing and testing things that I create with my own hands. I sent many a paper airplane over the neighbour's fence when I was a kid. This Genius Hour passion project just helps me to build further now that I have the tools and comprehension strategies to enhance the classic design of the airplane.

Well paper airplanes are fun, part of my motivation stems from an educational perspective. Aerodynamics are an interesting topic for students and paper airplanes provides a concrete, tangible way for students to explore what would otherwise be an abstract concept.

In order to measure my progress, I will be conducting routine tests related to my goals and research questions in order to determine the designs I want to move forward with and then conducting final tests on my favourite designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment